Sunday, March 2, 2014

Real life lesson (how to be a communication expert)

As they say it is never pretty to watch (and learn) how a pizza (or sausage) is made but the process is highly instructive. 

Alternatively you can hang on to simple morals: be nice to people as you go up (and stay at the top), they will be nice to you as you come down.



Mekota said this is how Blazek responded to her request to connect on LinkedIn:
"We have never met. We have never worked together. You are quite young and green on how business connections work with senior professionals. Apparently you have heard that I produce a Job Bank, and decided it would be stunningly helpful for your career prospects if I shared my 960+ LinkedIn connections with you - a total stranger who has nothing to offer me.

"Your invite to connect is inappropriate, beneficial only to you, and tacky," the email continued. "Wow, I cannot wait to let every 25-year-old jobseeker mine my top-tier marketing connections to help them land a job. Love the sense of entitlement in your generation. And therefore I enjoy denying your invite, and giving you the dreaded 'I Don't Know' [scribbled-out name] because it's the truth.

"Oh, and about your request to actually receive my Job Bank along with the 7,300 other subscribers to my service? That's denied, too. I suggest you join the other Job Bank in town. Oh wait - there isn't one." The email ends with "Don't ever write me again."


 Blazek, a self-described "Job Bank Mother" was named "2013 Communicator of the Year" by the Cleveland Chapter of the the International Association of Business Communicators for her work compiling job openings in the marketing, public relations, digital communications, media, journalism, graphics, and nonprofit management positions throughout Northeast Ohio.

Hours after the emails went viral via Twitter shares, Facebook posts and emails, Blazek issued her own statement saying: "I am very sorry to the people I have hurt."

regards

No comments:

Post a Comment